Last Updated on September 5, 2022
A chicken breast recipe can be as simple or as complicated as you’d like; it all depends on your preference and the ingredients of your choice.
Chicken breast is a popular choice for dinner, but it can be tricky to cook without drying it out. In this blog post, we’ll give you tips on how to make chicken breast that’s juicy and delicious every time.
Chicken breast can be cooked in many ways – grilled, fried, or baked – and it’s a versatile ingredient that can be added to salads, soups, and more. The only problem with chicken breast is that it can easily dry out if not cooked properly. So how do you make sure your chicken stays moist and juicy?
Tips to Help Make the Best Chicken Breast:
- Start by pounding the chicken breasts thin, so they cook evenly. This will also help tenderize them if you’re using chicken breast that is frozen, or very dense.
- Marinate chicken breasts for at least 30 minutes in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic before grilling over medium heat.
- Always place chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper; brush both sides lightly with olive oil before baking.
- Never overcook chicken breasts, as this will make them dry out and lose flavor. If you’re cooking chicken breast for an extended period, then add some chicken broth or water to keep it from drying out.
- Do not use high heat when cooking chicken breast because the protein in meat can burn easily at these temperatures.
- When grilling chicken breasts on a grill, ensure that they are evenly coated with oil before placing them over direct heat. Choose your favorite spices like black pepper, garlic powder, or salt, and season both sides during the preheating process, so they don’t stick together while being cooked outside. If necessary, remove any excess fat around the edges once done.
- Another option for chicken breast is to deep fry it. This will give the chicken a crispy outer crust while keeping the meat juicy and tender on the inside. Just make sure you use enough oil so that the chicken is fully submerged. Some people prefer to eat chicken with the skin on, but if you’re looking for a healthier option, then simply remove the skin before cooking.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to recipes that include chicken breast – all you need is a little creativity and some basic cooking knowledge. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to cook chicken breast like a pro in no time. Enjoy!
Learn more about Tuscan Grilled Chicken Recipe
Chicken Breast Recipe: Option One
- Two thin chicken breasts
- One tablespoon of olive oil or butter
- One cup of chicken broth
- Four cloves of garlic, minced fine, with salt and pepper to taste
- a splash of white wine, if desired
Step 1: Cook
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat until hot. Add chicken breasts skin side down first, then flip after about five minutes and cook for a further five minutes, until golden brown.
Note: if needed, use another tablespoonful of oil/butter as needed during this step because the skin can stick to the skillet.
Step 2: Let it sit
After the chicken has finished cooking, remove it from heat and leave it to rest before serving (this will help the chicken to retain its juices).
This recipe can easily be doubled in size if you need more than two breasts per person. It’s also great served hot with steamed vegetables on top, or cold sliced thinly as an appetizer at parties! You’ll never run out of ways to use this simple yet delicious dish because there are so many different variations that work well too – just think outside the box when planning your next meal plan!
Chicken Breast Recipe: Option Two
- Four chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- One cup of buttermilk or yogurt
- Two tablespoons of hot sauce like Tabasco, Frank’s RedHot, Sriracha, etc.
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- Half teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Step 1: Combine
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl or gallon-size resealable baggie.
Step 2: Marinate
Make sure chicken is well coated, then place in the fridge to marinate for at least four hours – overnight is best! When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the fridge 15 minutes prior.
Step 3: Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place marinated chicken on greased baking sheet skin side down and cook for around 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Step 4: Let it sit
After the chicken has finished cooking, remove it from the oven and let rest before serving.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce on the side and enjoy!
There you have it – two amazing chicken breast recipes that will knock your socks off! Whether you’re looking for something simple yet delicious or want to try something a little different, these recipes are definitely worth giving a go. With just a few ingredients required, they’re both easy to follow and come out perfect every time.
So what are you waiting for? Get cooking and let us know how you get on!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Cook Chicken Breast Without Drying it Out?
One way to ensure chicken breasts don't dry out is by adding moisture throughout the cooking process. This can be done by spraying chicken with olive oil or butter before placing it in the oven, then adding chicken broth or white wine during baking, if needed.
What Can I Add to the Chicken Breast to Make it Taste Better?
Adding spices like garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper are a great way to give chicken more flavor. You could also try marinating chicken in buttermilk or yoghurt mixed with hot sauce for extra zing!
How Do Restaurants Make Chicken Breast so Tender?
Restaurants often use a method called brining which helps keep chicken moist and juicy. To do this at home, soak chicken breasts in salted water (or a brine solution) for about 30 minutes before cooking.
How Do I Make Crispy Chicken Breast?
One way to make chicken breasts crispy is by using an air-fryer or oven at a higher temperature like 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Another option is to pan-fry chicken in olive oil or butter, until golden brown all around.
Is Fried Chicken Better With or Without Skin?
Some people prefer eating chicken with the skin on because it helps retain juices, while others enjoy the taste and texture of chicken without the skin on. It's really down to personal preference!
A Must-Try Chicken Breast Recipe
- One tablespoon
- One cup
- A pan
- – Two thin chicken breasts
- – One tablespoon of olive oil or butter
- – One cup chicken broth
- – Four cloves garlic minced fine, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Splash of white wine if desired